Saturday, May 5, 2012

AMISH CANDY!

So hey as my first post I wanted to do my favorite recipe. since I LOVE to cook you'll be seeing a ton of recipes. My first one is is Amish Candy! It's a delicious treat of saltine crackers covered in caramel, then layered with chocolate! HEAVEN! It's also So easy to make...... I don't just love the taste of the treat but because it has a good life lesson. Since it starts off as just being a little tray of saltine crackers you don't think much of it. But when you add the caramel and chocolate it tastes really good. People are like that. We all start off as plain crackers, but when we add good stuff to our lives we become unique in all different ways. 
My grandma gave me this recipe so I hope you all enjoy it!

       RECIPE:
 AMISH CANDY
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350.
LINE COOKIE SHEET WITH ALUMINUM FOIL AND UP THE SIDES TOO. COVER WITH SALTINE CRACKERS.

CARAMEL: 
2 STICKS OF BUTTER/MARGARINE
1 CUP WHITE SUGAR
1 1/2 TEASPOON VANILLA
BOIL FOR THREE MINUTES. *START TIME AS SOON AS IT STARTS TO BOIL!* 
POUR OVER CRACKERS AND BAKE FOR 12 TO 14 MINUTES. OR UNTIL LIGHTLY BROWN ON TOP.
THEN ADD I 1/2 CUP CHOCOLATE CHIPS OVER CRACKERS, PUT BACK IN OVEN FOR ABOUT 45 SECONDS.  SPREAD THE CHOCOLATE AROUND. SIT 15 MINUTES THEN PUT IN FRIDGE. BREAK UP AND ENJOY! 


The picture is of me and my grandma on her wedding day. She's the one who gave me this great recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment